Monday, July 23, 2012

Absurdity #13



Here is my letter to Anna on an adorable bear themed page.  He's so cute however he is slightly coping Winny the Pooh...not cool bear.  Ha, it's alright, cute is cute.

Anyways, I was going through my YouTube videos and realized that in the '100 Videos' video I say how interesting it is that when you write snail mail that it's gone...into the world, and what-not.  Well, because of this blog, that's not entirely true. Absurdity! What? What am I doing? I'm talking photos of the letters I send off, therefor defeating the purpose and charm of snail mail.  Then, I block out the actual words and post the photo online... Why am I so weird? Who would care about it?  Well, me...for one.  I like the idea of seeing them here, seeing the different and weird stationary sheets from that book (the inspiration for this project as you may recall).  I don't have a problem with my idea or the way I'm executing it at all...I just do realize the absurdity of it.

That's all I have to say for now.  Please leave me your comments on the matter.  Is this blog concept too weird for you?  Are you getting anything out of this? I am, and if that's all...well that's fine.
____________________________________
100 Letter video
100 Letters: Rules Post
____________________________________




____________________________________
100 Letter video
100 Letters: Rules Post

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny, (it's the same dude who commented on your facebook post "Erik"),
    I do read your blog, and I admire your little world as it is.
    there's nothing wrong with your blog or the content in it.
    The main reason you're not getting as much feedback as your expecting is because
    of today's world.

    Nowadays Originality is starting to fade away, almost no one truly
    admires it! We're constantly copying what's most popular and reusing the same ideas over again.
    This is why the most talented people in the world will slowly never get recognized.
    Take youtube as an example...

    Users are more interested with the amount of subscribers to a point where their videos are based
    on parodies, fake thumbnails and dishonest opinion about the world. It's easy to follow what's popular and say 'yes' than to say 'no' and be original.

    But one thing is entirely true, hard work pays of, if you truly believe in it.
    Just because you see something quite 'weird' about your blog doesn't mean it truly is...

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so touched you took the time to leave such a kind comment on my blog. Thank you Eric. It is extremely hard to be heard these days. Knowing that even one person is reading means the world to me. Thank you for being a part of my little corner of the internet.

      Delete