Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Idea

Here's the story.  I found an old letter sized notepad, never been used, as I was cleaning out my desk recently. There are 100 pages in it, all with cute and sometimes creepy anime artwork on them and poorly translated sayings. (Looked it up, the main character is called Lovely White) I've never had a use for it, till now.  I really enjoy getting letters in the mail and I only ever do when I order something from an online shop.  And they are usely just small thank you cards.  However, some are hand written; and the thought that someone took the time do to that always makes me smile.  So I am giving out my address (within reason) to YouTubers and vlogges who want to send me a bit of snail mail.  It could be a nice letter, a bit of art, fan mail (haha), or even a package.  (But really, just a nice heartfelt letter will do).  For every letter I receive with the quote '100 Letters' on the envelope, I will send a letter back with one of the stationary pages.  Each page will be numbered so you can see what page you got and I will also give you an optional 'challenge' to complete on YouTube.

In the next few weeks I will make a video explaining my idea and tell you how to obtain my address for this project.  I hope that the friends I've made online will participate and I hope to make new friends as a result as well.  Please, if you are interested, follow this blog or subscribe to my youtube channel.  Spread the word! I might allow for the same person to receive more than one letter but it would be ideal to receive 100 letters from different people and write 100 letters for 100 different people.  For those of you not a part of the YouTube community but still want to participate, consider starting a YouTube channel.  It's free and fun and even if you only use it for this project, I would be grateful.  For those of you coming to this blog from YouTube, consider following this blog if you are going to send me a letter.  I will be posting pictures of all the mail I receive and send out.

Also, if you enjoy blogs and feel the desire to read some more, I have a 'behind the scenes' blog where I do short book reviews and show the behind the scenes of my video and art projects.  You can find that blog right here.

Thank you for reading!
~Jenny
Just one of the many images you could see on your letter ><







1 comment: